Monday, June 20, 2016

Scioto Audubon Park

It was one of those far and few between sunny days in Columbus, Ohio in January.  I took a drive down to the Scioto Audubon Metro Park to see if there was any bird action.  As all three of my readers have probably figured out, I really like to go birding.  I try to get some photos and identify new birds.  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again.

This park is actually a rehabbed area.  I am not sure if I can use the term brownfield restoration, but I can remember this being Columbus' impound lot.  I had a car stolen a long time ago and can remember picking it up from here.

Anyway, there is a very nice visitor center as well as a climbing wall, boat launch, dog park, and it connects to the Olentangy Trail, which is part of Greenway Trails.  The visitor center is a warm respite when you get chilled from out door activities and want to maybe catch some birds from the warm side of the glass.


Chickadee checking the selection


Rock thrown from observation deck into frozen Scioto

Columbus Skyline

No comments:

Post a Comment