Thursday, June 23, 2016

Orlando 2016

Dar and I are off again on our annual trip to Orlando.  My mom and dad rent a place at Bonnet Creek Resort and snowbird there for several weeks.  This trip was a little different than in year's past.

This year we drove down and picked up my kid sister in South Carolina and then down to Florida.  Her place is exactly half way between Columbus and the House of Mouse.  It makes for a great overnight stop.  From Greenville, SC we took I-26 down to I-95.  We made a mid-day lunch stop at one of my favorite restaurants, the South Beach Grill in St. Augustine. I love their blackened fish tacos and their patio is right on the beach!  I took this picture of this turtle right by their boardwalk over to the beach.  You can see their patio in the upper left hand corner.  On the way back to SC after the trip we took the Greenbelt from Orlando over to Ormond Beach and drove up A1A.  We stopped this time at the World Famous Oasis.  While it is not on the menu, I highly recommend asking them to make you a mahi fish rueben.  Probably the best one I have had to date.

 




































Speaking of, this was the first year that we actually didn't partake in any Disney adventures.  This was purely an Orlando experience.  It was odd.  I know, first world problems.

I actually have quite a lot of pictures of Bonnet Creek because a coworker was headed down there and I was providing the scouting report for him.
Bonnet Creek 2bd 2 bath


































We also ventured over to Celebration, Fl.  We visited their farmers market.  There were fantastic foods and other wares.  We ended up getting several vegetables and fruit.  We also got some frozen grouper that was caught locally (florida coast, not Seven Seas Lagoon) that was just excellent!  Darla even found a few things for the house and some earrings.


















































I was quite surprised at the birding options that I had inside and directly adjacent to the Bonnet Creek grounds.  I really enjoy travelling to different climates and seeing the different species other than what I have in my home turf.  The following pictures come from the Bonnet Creek grounds or from a swamp area that has yet to be developed right at the end of Chelonia Parkway.  Any help with confirming ID of these critters would be greatly appreciated.

Ibis?

Duck

Hawk

Hog nose tortoise?

Sparrow?

Cormorant

Coot?

Coot?

Egret?

Blue footed loud beak booby



























At some point I will post a review of our Nikon D3200 and my Sigma 150-500mm lens.  Dar and I each have the D3200.  I carry the telephoto and she has the stock 18-55 and 55-200 kit lenses.  We also spent some more time walking around Celebration and having lunch.  I had a bunch of pictures here again for the scouting report for my coworker.

The Family Stover



















































asd

No comments:

Post a Comment